The Jesuit Missions of Bolivia were mission towns founded by the Society of Jesus to evangelize the region. The reductions of San Francisco Javier, Concepción, Santa Ana, San Miguel, San Rafael, and San José have remained intact. For this reason, UNESCO has considered them as a World Heritage Site since 1990.
This full day tour includes the visit of two most beautiful and accessible, Jesuit Missions Churches San Javier and Concepcion. Concepcion´s church is considered as the jewel of the region.
The constructions stand out for its mestizo baroque style and the use of natural materials from the area such as wood, native people used in the pulpits, the carved columns, and the gold-plated altars.
The relationship of music between the Jesuits and the indigenous villages has remained an element of social cohesion from missionary times to the present. This quality allowed Chiquitania to become one of the most important repositories of Baroque music in the world.
If you have more days in Santa Cruz, we recommend you check our 04 Day Santa Cruz Bolivia Tour Package
- Jesuit Legacy in the Bolivian Jungle: A Love of Baroque Music (The New York Times)
- La Gran Chiquitania (CN Traveller)
JESUIT MISSIONS OF CHIQUITOS FULL DAY TOUR
San Javier & Concepcion Mission Towns:
Pick up from the lobby of your hotel in Santa Cruz at approximately 09:00 hrs. On this tour, you will discover two wonderfully ornate Jesuit Missions of Chiquitos towns. San Javier, the oldest mission in the region, located 230 kms from Santa Cruz, and Concepción located 45 kms from San Javier.
Departure to San Javier to visit the baroque-style missionary church, the sacred museum, and the stone of the apostles. After lunch, transfer to Concepción where you will also visit the town’s mission church, considered a jewel in the region, the museum, main square, and water dam. Afterwards, transfer back to your hotel.
Meals included: L
Price per person
The Jesuit Missions of Chiquitos Full Day Tour is customizable. If you prefer to add extra days or destinations to your trip, please let us know in the Notes section of the Get Free Quote form. You can also fill out our Present Design Your Trip form or Contact Us form with your specific needs.
- This Jesuit Missions of Chiquitos Full Day Tour is available every day of the year.
- Prices include sales taxes and credit card transaction fees.
- Also, we offer a complete circuit visiting all the missions in 5 days.
- If you have more days in Santa Cruz, we recommend you check our 04 Day Santa Cruz Bolivia Tour Package
- Private transportation.
- Guided tour in English in private service.
- All entrance tickets.
- All tour transfers.
- Domestic & international flights.
- Visas required to enter Bolivia.
- Airport taxes for domestic & international flights.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Travel insurance.